Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Firearms, Hunting, Projectiles, And Other Fun Stuff

Kerrick

Well since I kinda took the News thread way off track... I figured it'd be best to make a separate thread about guns and what-not to help keep things organized.  :)  So, how many hunting/shooting enthusiasts do we have here?  What's your favorite gun to shoot?  How do you feel about all the gun-control attempts going on?  Do you think the US will ever go the way of Australia and have all our guns taken away?

So as I mentioned in the News thread, I'm in the market to get a concealable handgun so I can eventually get my permit.  I went shopping on Saturday and got to handle a Kahr PM9.  I am set on it.  Next chance I get I'm gonna head down and buy one me thinks!  I also got to handle a Smith And Wesson Shield which is a pretty sweet little gun too, though it's a bit too bulky for me.

June 17, 2014 at 1:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Disillusionaire

I LOVE GUNS!!!!!!!!!!

--

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 3:36

www.infowars.com

www.drudgereport.com

http://www.sermonaudio.com/source_detail.asp?sourceid=pastorcooley

http://www.contendingfortruth.com/

June 17, 2014 at 4:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kerrick

Oh really?  From your avatar, I never would've guessed!  ;)

What do you like to shoot?  Any particularly special guns you have?

June 17, 2014 at 5:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dratliff66
Administrator

He loves the government too.  ;)

--

dratliff66 1Pet. 4:8

June 17, 2014 at 9:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kerrick

Well with such a selfless, supportive, efficient, and honest government... who wouldn't ???

June 18, 2014 at 12:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kerrick

Well, I "pulled the trigger" and bought one: :D

June 18, 2014 at 1:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dcorzine

I love to shoot. :D

--

God bless!
Derek Corzine
Whisper from Heaven, Blood Thirsty, Syringe, Cosÿns

June 18, 2014 at 4:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kerrick

Sweet!  What kinda guns you like to shoot?  I have an old (1920's) Remington semi-auto 20-gauge that I like to shoot clays with.  For Christmas my folks got me a CZ 455 American .22 which is just so much fun.  My AR-15 is my go-to/anything gun though.  For handguns, I'm a huge fan of the 1911.  That's the nicest gun I have: a Les Baer Custom Carry 1911.  Gosh that thing is such a dream to shoot.  It's got night-sights on it too (as does the soon-to-be-mine Kahr) which I enjoy utilizing.  I had a Springfield A1 Loaded 1911 but that thing was a total lemon so I got rid of it.

June 18, 2014 at 6:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Adam

What kind of AR-15 do you have? Mine's a DPMS. I bought it last year when prices were high, but at least I have one now.

--

Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

June 18, 2014 at 6:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kerrick

Nice!  I've heard good things of the DPMS.  Mine's a Rock River.  I got it years ago when prices were more "normal."  I love that thing.  It's real accurate and a total tank (don't think I've EVER had a malfunction with it).  I don't have a super fancy setup - pretty basic, but that's what I like.  It's got the A2 stock, a Leupold 3-9x40 scope on a Larue quick-detach mount and back-up irons, and an aluminum free-float foregrip.  For the price, Rock River makes some really good stuff IMO.

Have you looked into doing an 80%?  I think it's definitely a good idea to have at least one lower receiver off the books.  8)  Plus, for now, it's still legal to do (though I'm sure that loophole will get closed sooner or later).

June 18, 2014 at 7:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kerrick

Went to the range yesterday and had a good time!  It's not as easy to shoot as a full-sized handgun but for how little it is, it sure packs a punch!  And it's plenty more accurate than I am.

July 7, 2014 at 7:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kerrick

WHY DOES CALIFORNIA SUCK SO BAD!?!?!?!?!  Our governer signed some idiotic bills a few weeks ago that restrict the 2nd Amendment for us Californians majorly.  Then today he just signed another one that makes people who have made their own guns (such as the 80% AR-15s) serialize and register them with the government...  I love CA for many reasons but this is getting extremely frustrating...

--

Job 3:2

July 22, 2016 at 7:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Siberian

I see Ruger SR45 in my near future for conceal carry, for home protection with all the unrest has been going on in our nation it is a job for AR-15 and a shotgun (but I know little about the latter). I used to live in amazing TN where "castle" law has been extended to the car, making it legal to have guns in the car without conceal carry permits, now I'm in Ohio and looks like laws are more strict here, so will have to get permit.

September 23, 2016 at 9:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kerrick

^At least you CAN get a carry permit...  In my county of liberal Santa Cruz, you can't get one...

For shotguns, what are you looking at or do you already have one?  The pump-action is the classic though I think there are some very valid arguments for a semi-auto 12 gauge...

--

September 23, 2016 at 11:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Siberian

Not sure on the shotgun... still have to do my research to know what I want, plus I really want to try shooting some before I buy anything.

September 23, 2016 at 1:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dratliff66
Administrator

God bless Texas. Guns are darn near mandatory. 

--

dratliff66 1Pet. 4:8

September 23, 2016 at 6:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kerrick

I bought a Ruger Mini 14 for home defense.  (I went round and round and round for a good solution and finding something CA-legal and light enough for my wife was no easy task, but this is what we landed on.)  I've taken it out a couple times and it shoots alright, though I am very unhappy with its magazines.  It came with 2x 5-rounders which function fine, but I bought 2x 10-rounders (Ruger brand, not some third-party magazine) and they don't fit properly in the gun.  I called Ruger and they promptly sent me 2x magazines they said they'd test first and THOSE don't fit either.  So now I have to send my rifle back.  Sigh...  I'm excited to get my new red-dot sight mounted to it though.  It's a Bushnell TRS-25.  Typically those go for well over $100 but it was on sale for $65 and they were doing some promotion of a $40 rebate.  So once the rebate arrives, I'll only be out $25 (plus $5 shipping) for it!  Score.  :)

--

July 5, 2017 at 6:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.