Forums

Forum Home > Band News > The Order Of Elijah No Longer Christian

The Bearded Dragon

Hey everyone, if you follow the Order of Elijah facebook page, you know by now that the band is no longer a Christian and now kinda anti-Christian. It disgusts me 100%. I don't think I'm going to support them anymore. I also wouldn't listen to their newest album because of this. Mainly because they wrote it before announcing their lack of faith. Nonetheless, we need to prayer for our former brothers in Christ. Especially because they are kind of jerks now. (go read the comments of their posts)

--

"The art of losing, is not hard to master." - As They Sleep

May 31, 2016 at 9:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Disillusionaire

It is sad to see how week minded people can be, why would you read a book by such an anti christian evolutionist anyways? Now I see his heart is full of anger and hate, which is what atheism and the belief of evolution usually lead to. 

--

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 3:36

www.infowars.com

www.drudgereport.com

http://www.sermonaudio.com/source_detail.asp?sourceid=pastorcooley

http://www.contendingfortruth.com/

May 31, 2016 at 11:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Matthew
Site Owner

Sad to hear :(

--

May 31, 2016 at 5:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lilfrier

Oh, I was kind of hoping this was about a name change. I read about this as well, and was disgusted. That so many "Christians" root their beliefs in the acts of man is so misguided. The belief is to be like Christ, not a random guy you saw on the street. Holding Christ responsible for the sins of man, then using the to denounce your faith, it's so backwards and dumb. It's the same thing that Garrett Rapp of The Color Morale cited around the time of their third album (when he denounced his faith and included an anti-Christianity song on the album).

Of course, don't expect this band to go all-out. They'll still keep their Biblical band name to profit off of it, becuase denouncing Christianity is mostly just hypocrisy and name-calling. They're fine trashing the religion, then making a buck off the name they got from it. Though not entirely the same, this is kind of why I don't listen to Oh, Sleeper much anymore. That they would say they're no longer Christian, then continue to draw from the Biblical things they started with (the name, mainly), it is really bothersome.

May 31, 2016 at 8:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike (getthepoint)

Wow. Crazy how hard they went the other direction. I'm suprised that "The God Delusion" drew them away. Richard Dawkins is a smart guy, but a poor philosopher. His book is full of bias and not reasoned well at all. I absolutely believe Christianity is true, but even for someone who "becomes" an atheist, I do not see how that book could draw someone away. Put aside the emotion and vitriol in Dawkin's book, and there is no substance. Anyways rant over. I will pray for them but will not support them.

--

June 1, 2016 at 12:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

The Bearded Dragon

lilfrier at May 31, 2016 at 8:37 PM

Oh, I was kind of hoping this was about a name change. I read about this as well, and was disgusted. That so many "Christians" root their beliefs in the acts of man is so misguided. The belief is to be like Christ, not a random guy you saw on the street. Holding Christ responsible for the sins of man, then using the to denounce your faith, it's so backwards and dumb. It's the same thing that Garrett Rapp of The Color Morale cited around the time of their third album (when he denounced his faith and included an anti-Christianity song on the album).

Of course, don't expect this band to go all-out. They'll still keep their Biblical band name to profit off of it, becuase denouncing Christianity is mostly just hypocrisy and name-calling. They're fine trashing the religion, then making a buck off the name they got from it. Though not entirely the same, this is kind of why I don't listen to Oh, Sleeper much anymore. That they would say they're no longer Christian, then continue to draw from the Biblical things they started with (the name, mainly), it is really bothersome.

That's a good point. It's kinda like Under√?¬łath and Zao as well as Oh, Sleeper. Not all the Under√?¬łath members are Christian anymore, and one member of Zao remains a Christian. And isn't Vocalist Micah Kinard (Oh, Sleeper) a still Christian?
--

"The art of losing, is not hard to master." - As They Sleep

June 3, 2016 at 2:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.