Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Sticky: Introduce Yourself

Matthew
Site Owner

Hello everyone!  This is a thread in which you can introduce yourself to the community at Christian Headbangers.  Simply tell everyone who you are (real name, nickname, user name, whatever you want to be called by :P) and what you hope to get out of the website (some new bands, conversation, or maybe you just want to show off your knowledge).  What country do you call home?  Also, post your favorite Christian metal band of all time just for fun. 

May 25, 2011 at 6:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Matthew
Site Owner

Okay, I will go first.  Everyone can call me Matthew, and I live in the United States of America.  As the site creator, I want to provide a resource to everyone who listens to heavy Christian music, one in which they can find new bands, talk about bands, promote bands, etc.  My favorite band of all time...-drum rollllll-....is Becoming the Archetype!

--

May 25, 2011 at 6:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Andrew

Hi guys, my name is Andrew and that is what I go by.  I live in the U.S.A..  I enjoy listening to, learning about and discussing most kinds of Christian music in the rock/pop, electronica, and metal genres.  My favorite band, as shown by my profile pic, is Demon Hunter.

May 25, 2011 at 9:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Callisto

On the internet I generally go by varying names but my real name is Taryn. You can call me either that or Callisto. I'm from Nebraska, and I listen to a lot of bands that are either outwardly Christian, aren't outwardly but have Christian members, or may be just secular. My favorite band has been Coheed and Cambria for quite a long time, but my list of bands that I love is growing! Also I tend to listen to bands in spurts - right now I'm listening to My Ticket Home a lot. 

May 30, 2011 at 12:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SpaceCowboy892

hey everyone, my name is Dave, that or SpaceCowboy is fine. I am from Detroit MI, and I like Callisto listen to strait up Christian bands, bands who simply have Christian members or mostly secular music. I am not too picky, I will listen to just about anything with a good beat. Zao is a good excaple, they are my favorite band, they started out very Christian, but with many member changes this focus changed. I love both versions of the band. Other favorite bands include Mortification, Extol, Vengence Rising, Deliverence, to name a few.

May 30, 2011 at 1:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ashes13

Hey, I'm Jorik and from the Netherlands. Listen mostly to christian black metal, stopped listening secular for about a year now. Don't really have a favourite band but I think Slechtvalk are great and I've have seen them 3 times live now.

May 30, 2011 at 4:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Caleb

Hey, I am Caleb but over the internet I usually go by MadCat.  I find heavy metal to be very soothing and I like going to sleep to the sound of it, Especially Burden of a Day.

--
May 30, 2011 at 11:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Matthew
Site Owner

Ooh nice sig Caleb

--

May 30, 2011 at 11:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JiK777

Hello all!

I'm JiK777 on the internet, in normal day's life people call me Bram. I'm from a small village in Holland and i've got a thing for heavy music! Through the years my listening has changed a lot. My number one band really depends on what mood i'm in. According to my last.fm Becoming The Archetype is my most played all time, so i guess they could me qualified as my favorite. But it switches really fast. I'am also a big fan of Betraying The Martyrs  and Times of Grace is just pure love for me! My overall favorite stile would be Metalcore.

May 30, 2011 at 1:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crazy_Llama

Hello. My name is Jacob and I like llamas! I also really enjoy all different types of music including (but not limited to) Metal, Techno, "Classic" Rock, Contemporary Rock, and basically everything in between that is not country or rap. (Or Enya or Josh Groban... those people scare me....) It's difficult for me to choose my favorite band just because I like so many different ones! I think Theocracy and Demon Hunter are the ones that I listen to the most right now.

June 5, 2011 at 11:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lilfrier

I'm lilfrier on here, as well as last.fm, and a ocuple of other uninteresting places. I'm lil frier on Xbox LIVE, cubs223425 in a few places, and Keith in real life. I'd say I listen to about 80% Christian music, with the other 20% being The Classic Crime and We Came As Romans, which are fairly pseudo-Christian, some Muse, and a bit of Van Halen. There might be a couple of others I am forgetting, but I'd still say 80%+ of my music is Christian. I can't stand pop/hip-hop/rap/R&B, but any manner of orck/metal/hardcore/etc. suits me just fine.

June 6, 2011 at 4:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SpaceCowboy892

Welcome new members! 

--

www.last.fm/user/Space-Cowboy892

June 6, 2011 at 5:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SabbatMartyr

Hey hey hey hey, I'm Jack and from the UK. Been in the glory of Christ for about 2 years now, I listen to alot of hardcore/death metal and whatever genre you can make from those two haha. But that doesn't limit me at all, I like to think I'm very open-minded when it comes to music and I can go from the most extreme brutal technical death metal to soothing contemporary classical just like that. 

I'm up for talking about anything so I hope to get into some deep, intense discussions here haha.

That's pretty much all I can think of for an intro right now, nice to meet you all. God Bless

June 16, 2011 at 5:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Zach

What's up, I'm new (to the forums anyways).  My name is Zach, I am from Florida, and I love to listen to all kinds of music.  Not really entirely sure what else I should put on here, so feel free to ask me any questions.  Peace

June 24, 2011 at 5:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Disillusionaire

Hi my name is Paul and my favorite band is Impending Doom.  Favorite style of music is deathcore, but I also love Deathmetal, Hardcore, Metalcore ect.  Most of the bands I listen to are Christian or have Christian members but don't call themselves Christian.  Some bands that I love that are secular would be All That Remains, Theory of a Deadman, Nickelback, Thy Will Be Done and maybe a few others.  Feel free to talk to me love hearing about new bands and news about different bands I love.  Have a great day everybody and God Bless! =)

June 24, 2011 at 6:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ramsesisimus

Just realized I missed this thread.

Well, I am Hannes or ramsesisimus on the internet, 18 years old and living in beautiful Austria (you should definetely visit this country ;)..) While I am still at school (kinda, I'll have my final exams this monday) I soon will have to fulfill my mandatory military service (lasts 6 months). I want to study at the university to get teacher for maths and history but maybe I'll go to a bible school before studying.

When I am not listening to christian metal (mostly metalcore, just getting into old death/thrash) I listen to post-rock (check out the young swedish band "Immanu El"!) and also some of this ambient, doom, experimental, post-metal stuff. I also used to like indie rock (today sometimes Bloc Party) and christian rock (I still love Delirious?, sometimes listen to Kutless, TFK).

June 25, 2011 at 11:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Paliphor

Hi guys,

My name is Christopher--I'm from Ontario, Canada. Stumbled upon your community while browsing Last.fm. Have recently begun exploring Christian metal, and for some reason Christian Metal Realm won't approve my application, so I thought I'd join here and you guys could give me some recommendations. :P

Don't really have a favourite artist/band at this point (in this genre, anway), but recently discovered and have been loving Holy Blood's Waves are Dancing.

June 26, 2011 at 12:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Matthew
Site Owner

Welcome new members!  We're glad to have you on board!

--

June 26, 2011 at 2:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

livingsacrifice

Hello, my name is Daylin from South Carolina.  Some of you know me from last.fm.  For those that don't I've been into Christian rock/metal since about 1993, been to tons of concerts.  Lately I've been getting back into thrash metal and buying lots of cd's on divinemetaldistro.

Favorite artist....  I guess if I had to pick just one it would be Tourniquet.

July 4, 2011 at 7:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SpaceCowboy892

Thanks for joining! Tourniquet is awesome, and I too have been getting back into earlier Thrash/Death Meal. I love getting music divinemetaldistro. I have a package on the way even!

--

www.last.fm/user/Space-Cowboy892

July 5, 2011 at 5:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.